The Largest Regional Entrepreneurship event in the World
With over 50+ Countries participating, tickets here
Cardiff on 11th March starts 11am #SEW19 Free Tickets
Startup Europe Week is an initiative implemented by SEW and promoted by the European Commission and Startup Europe.
Over the last decade, many global initiatives have been created to celebrate entrepreneurship. Typically, such events follow the Silicon Valley format (keynote motivational speeches, networking sessions etc). But Europe is different and requires something more when it comes to celebrating entrepreneurship to meet its peculiarities. Regional diversity and local policy making still play a big role in shaping European startups. From helping entrepreneurs to incorporate a company, to providing grants or taxes breaks, European regions are key players.
This is what you can expect from SEW:
- – Showcase best initiatives promoted by regions to support entrepreneurs.
- – Inform the local ecosystem about what already exists to help them now.
- – Provide live consulting sessions on how to open a company, apply for a grant etc.
- – Share among regional officers what other regions in Europe are doing and what can be leveraged locally.
- – Connect regional officers, investors and corporates to create stronger local ecosystems.
What’s in it for you?
The SEW is an awesome opportunity for you to learn and get the resources already available and that you might not be aware of and have exposure at an European level of what you are doing in your region.
This is what you can find during SEW:
- – Information sessions on local specific actions currently developed by your local authority to support entrepreneurs (i.e. grants, tax breaks, office space, funding etc.).
- – Regional authorities will come to speak with you and make sure which current initiatives can benefit you and your startup
- – Information sessions about Startup Europe projects and European Commission funds available for startups
- – Office hours and workshops with regional representatives to guide entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs on topics in which they can help (i.e. how to incorporate a company, how to apply for a cohesion grant etc.)
- – Great talks with local entrepreneurs and investors on how they smartly used the resources provided by the local authority to create or improve their businesses
So if you are a real free spirited entrepreneur join us, if you share our objective of being helpful for entrepreneurs in Europe no matter which region they are join us, if you are passionate about giving tools to the european startups to grow join us, we will always need your help to give more impact to SEW and actually do something relevant for Cardiff as a region.
The Cardiff event is on the 11th March 2019 starting 11.00am until 4.00pm at Virgin Money Cardiff Lounge. Tickets are fee but attendees are required to register here.
Our first Speaker is Francesca Irving
Francesca Irving is an award winning marketer and the owner of Lunax – a full-service marketing agency specialising in helping start-ups and small businesses in the health, beauty, fitness and lifestyle industries. When she’s not running marketing campaigns for her clients, she can be found blogging or podcasting about the struggles of balancing running a business, parenthood, and everyday life.
Passionate about entrepreneurship, Francesca is also a mentor on the Big Ideas Wales program and regularly runs workshops to help people who are at the start of their business journey. She also enjoys creating and running eCommerce stores so is well-versed in running many different business types.
Marketing for Start Ups: Where do you even start?
In the digital age that we’ve found ourselves living in, marketing can seem like a minefield. Do you really need Facebook AND Instagram? What’s the difference between SEO and PPC? And what’s wrong with a good old fashioned newspaper advert?
It’s really important to remember that no matter how many new technologies and platforms emerge, marketing strategy remains the same, so that’s where you need to start. This talk will guide you through what you need to know about marketing your start up.
- 11am hours Welcome, Refreshments
- 11.30 Opening
- 11.45 First Speaker
- 12.30 Discussion Panel
- 1pm Lunch
- 1.40pm Second Speaker
- 2.30 Discussion Panel
- 3pm Third Speaker